The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is a non-profit organization for the accreditation of companion animal veterinary hospitals in the US and Canada.
To become AAHA-accredited, our animal hospital has undergone a rigorous evaluation process to ensure they meet the over 900 AAHA Standards of Accreditation. These standards cover hospital safety, patient care, diagnostics, pain management, contagious disease management, continuing education, dentistry, and emergency/urgent care, among others.
We are proud members of the following professional organizations.
- This not-for-profit organization is dedicated to improving the lives of animals and people through education, training and certification of specialists in veterinary internal medicine.
- The ACVO promotes excellence in veterinary ophthalmology through advanced training, certification, research and education.
- ACVS is the specialty board which sets the standards for advanced professionalism in veterinary surgery.
- The District of Columbia Academy of Veterinary Medicine was established in 1957 to provide high quality continuing education for the graduate veterinarian.
- NVVMA was established to Improve and elevate the standards of veterinary medicine within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- VECCS raises the level of patient care for seriously ill or injured animals through quality education and communication programs.
- Since 2012, the Tysons Regional Chamber of Commerce has helped thousands of businesses and non-profits develop and thrive in our community.
- The VVMA represents, promotes and protects the interests of our diverse veterinary community and serves as a resource on matters of animal health, animal welfare, and the human-animal bond.
We have been a part of the Vienna and Northern Virginia community for over 30 years and are proud to work with the following organizations and groups.
Support the Animal Welfare League of Arlington
If you are interested in supporting a worthwhile cause we recommend the Animal Welfare League of Arlington (AWLA). For more than 75 years AWLA has served the Arlington community and beyond providing resources, care, and protection. Your donations keep pets and people together.